This post contains affiliate links where possible. I bought all the items listed below myself and love them which is why I make the recommendation to you.
I’m an exclusive pumper which means I pump anywhere from 7-9 times a day. When you pump that often you use different equipment in an attempt to make the effort easier. Here is a list of the top five Breast Pumping accessories that make exclusively pumping just a little bit easier.
1) Wet bag – I use an Itzy Ritzy Tokidoki wet bag to store my pump parts. It’s easy to clean and if the parts are still wet from cleaning, I don’t have to worry about them ruining the inside of the Breast pump bag when pumping on the go.
2) Breast Pump bag – I use the Juno Blu pump bag which helps me take my pump everywhere but I’m not thrilled with it. I do believe everyone should use or get a bag to hold/carry your pump bag and accessories. If you’d like, I can do a packing video of my Juno Blu pump bag, but a dedicated bag makes it easy to pack and go and keep everything in one
3) Netflix – You have to do something while you pump. I believe it helps the milk flow if you aren’t sitting there just watching your bottles fill. Plus the quality of original programming is very high on Netflix now and it makes the 20 minutes of pumping very enjoyable. Currently I am streaming Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which is hilarious.
4) Swell water bottle – You need SO MUCH WATER when you are breastfeeding. It makes sense, but also as I drink more water, I find I want more water. Since you need water all day, you will want something that can keep it cold and the Swell bottles really are the best. I got a Lilly Pulitzer & Starbucks bottle because if you are going to carry around water all day it should be in a cute container. ^_^
5) Buy spare parts- I read that you are actually supposed to replace all membranes, duckbills, etc parts every 6 months if you are pumping. That’s something you don’t think about when you start pumping at all. And the fact that not changing them can affect the amount of milk you get! I also recommend buying spare parts in case something breaks. The stores all carry Medela spare parts but if you have a different pump, it will be at least a day or two before you can get a spare part delivered. That can be a major problem when you are exclusively pumping! Two weeks ago my pump flange completely cracked when it fell on the floor at 4am. If I didn’t have the Lansinoh as a backup pump I would have been screwed because it was going to take two days to get spare Spectra parts in. So it’s definitely something to think about if you are pumping alot.
1) Pumpndo – This is a very unique item created by a mom from Michigan. Currently if you want to pump hands free you have to take off your top, pull down your bra (nursing bra), put on the hands free bra, and then put in your pump parts. It’s a ton of work, not very discreet, and can be uncomfortable. So this mom saw a need and made a product that clips onto the nursing bra. Reducing the amount of items you have to take off to get your pump parts on. Look for an article here and some Instagram pics coming on fit and my initial thoughts.
What helps you in your pumping sessions? I’ve hit 8 months pumping and while I won’t make it to a year because of medical reasons, I’m proud to have gotten this far!